While the History Museum is open FREE of the First Friday of the Month, the Playing in the Past pre-school activity time and the tour are offered as online activities.
Playing in the Past
Preschool Activity Hour
An exciting hour of crafting, exploring and storytelling held the first Friday of the month. Each month there is a different craft and story. Starts in the Wells Fargo Learning Center.
Due to COVID-19 concerns we are temporarily moving our free first Friday activities online.
Listen to a Story
Make a Clothespin Airplane
- 1 Clothespin
- 2 standard sized craft sticks*
- 2 mini craft sticks*
- 1 small button or round sticker*
* This Clothespin Airplane Template can be used instead of the craft sticks and button. Works best printed on cardstock.
- Use a marker to color the clothespin. It is the body of the plane.
- Use a marker to color the two regular size craft sticks and the two mini craft sticks.
- Glue the regular size craft sticks to the top and bottom of the clothespin near the “front.” These will be the wings.
- Glue one of the small craft sticks to the top of the clothespin at the “back.” This is the tail of the plane.
- Glue one of the small craft sticks to just the top part of the clothespin in the “front.” This is the propeller of the plane.
- Glue on the button (or attach a sticker) in the middle of the propeller.
Adapted from onelittleproject.com.
The next online Free First Friday event will be on Friday, November 5 with the story Country Kid/City Kid.