People made their own ornaments for early Victorian Christmas trees. They hung fancy cakes, gingerbreads and cornucopias filled with sweets and nuts on their trees. By the late 1800s, people decorated trees with many store-bought ornaments such as glass balls or baubles.
Among the crafts, kids can create the following:
• Decorate a "gingerbread" ornament
• Create a Victorian cornucopia
• Make a shiny bell ornament
• Paint a pine cone ornament
• Assemble a paper chain garland
• Create designs on a bauble