There is currently 1 position available at the San Mateo County Historical Association.
Development Assistant (20 hours per week, including Saturdays)
The San Mateo County Historical Association (SMCHA) seeks a motivated, detail oriented self-starter who will play an important role at SMCHA by providing administrative support to the Development/Marketing Office for fundraising and promotional activities.
- Be an assistant to the Museum Director regarding Development and Marketing
- Schedule meetings and other communications
- Assist in the coordination of fundraising events
- Maintain paper and e-filing systems
- Assist with mailings including appeals, acknowledgment and billing letters
- Manage donor database (enter and track donations, clean up old records)
- Provide front desk coverage for the receptionist on Saturdays and weekly lunch duty as needed, while performing other Development/Marketing tasks
- Assist with Gift Store stocking and inventory
- Perform other tasks as requested
- Good organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to adjust work schedules and prioritize to meet deadlines and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency in Mail merge is a must
- Some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) is a plus
- Competent using database software. Experience with donor database software is a plus
- Open to flexible hours around fundraising events, including some evenings and weekends
- Have a California Driver’s license and a car. Some errands will be required.
- Ability to lift and/or carry 20 pounds
- Job will commence September 3
- Four month probation period will in part include filling in for a team member on medical leave
- After successful completion of four month probation, the position will focus on the Association’s capital campaign
- Salary range: $20 - $22 per hour